Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fresh Herb Dressing

Left - Mint Middle - Coriander Right - Basil

Culmination of Culinary Herbs Basil - Coriander -Mint

Red Onions

Non-fat Plain Yogurt

Honey
 Fresh Herb Dressing

I wanted to isolate the dressing in a "botanical studies" scale. As a observer of nature, one has to identify plants by its appearance. Have you noticed the difference or similarity between the fresh or dried herbs that you use in your cooking? If you are curious, one can smell the difference by dry or fresh. But you need to look at a whole scale, one should use fresh herbs. Having a real subject is the key component of knowing the plant.

I loved seeing the broad-like green leaves in the basil and mint. The leaves of the coriander, also known as cilantro, are more parts within the leaves. With careful consideration, I would like to serrate different parts of the leaves and place veins or stems in a microscope slide. Or I can use x-rays to draw out the botanical outlines of the parts. As I analyzed the leaves, I used an imaginary cross-section where the food processor cut into the leaves. I imagine how the leaves will combine other ingredients.

On the side, I used extra- virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper for a sauteeing base. I placed fresh diced red onions. The onions come from the bulb vegetables. One sees bulbous structure in shallots and garlic. As the onions caramelized for a few minutes, I took off the heat. Next time I cook, I would like to measure out the temperature from room to cooking to cooling. I would love to precisely know each stage of the cooking by mere reaction point.

I combined the red onion base with the herbs in the processor. At this time, the temperature is quite slightly warm. The products must to elevate to create a successful dressing. I measured out 1/3 cup of non-plain yogurt and small teaspoon of honey into the processor. I blended for about 20 seconds.

I tasted the ingredients together. I love the freshness taste. I appreciate flavors of the recipe due to the fact that I took notice what each part is made and how each part reacts with one other. I will analyze how the vitamins transfer from the dressing to our bodies in one of my next posts.

As I went on my short shopping trip to prepare for the dressing, I gave concentrated effort to omit processed and useless ingredients. I found the origins of the ingredients contributed to my choosing. I may ask my readers to look at each individual ingredient and learn one fact about each one. You will appreciate the work and effort of a dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment